General family dental care
Make your next trip to the dentist a positive experience. Our quality dental services include:
- Dental check-ups
- Clean, scale, and polish
- Periodontal treatments
- Bite splints
- Extraction or removal of teeth
- Root canal treatments
- Complete and partial dentures
- Mercury-free fillings
- Safe amalgam removal
We also provide a range of cosmetic dental services to help you achieve the perfect smile you always dreamed of. These include:
- Porcelain crowns, bridges, and veneers
- White fillings
- Bleaching and teeth whitening
Emergency Dental Services
Most people will agree that toothache is extremely painful. We don’t like to leave our patients without dental care when they need it most and so we run an emergency dental service for those needing treatment in a hurry.
(No Braces Teeth Straightening)
How it works. Invisalign consists of a series of clear, removable aligners customised to the individual. You change the aligners once every 2 weeks and this is what straightens the teeth.
No one will be able to tell you’re wearing them! Invisalign aligners are made of a thin, clear plastic so are almost invisible. They are great for people who are concerned about their appearance during treatment.
A more hygienic option. You remove the aligners to eat, drink , brush and floss, therefore maintaining oral hygiene during treatment is a lot easier than it is with braces.
Comfortable. The aligners are comfortable and have no metal or pokey wires to cause mouth abrasions during treatment.
Mercury Amalgam Removal
Dr Fred Karalis has over 30 years experience removing amalgams safely using high speed suction and a rubber dam. The rubber dam ensures you do not swallow any toxic substances during the procedure. The procedure is performed as comfortable as possible under strict guidelines to ensure you are not exposed to any mercury when removing the old amalgams.
We use instead inert substances as tooth fillers, such as porcelain, and colour match as closely as possible to your natural teeth to ensure you enjoy a more natural look and smile.
A dental implant is a screw-like anchor that is used as an artificial replacement for natural tooth roots. Made of materials that are compatible with the human body, such as titanium, implants have been used for decades in upper and lower jaws. By attaching to the jawbone and gum tissue, they provide a stable base for artificial replacement teeth, such as dental crowns, bridges and dentures.
Dental implants can be used to replace a single tooth or several teeth, or to support partial or full dentures. Implants and crowns remain inside the mouth and do not require any adhesives to hold them in place
Dental implant treatment generally takes several months and follows a three-step process.
- Specialist dentist places the implant into the jaw then inserts a screw to prevent debris from entering. It will take 3 to 6 months for the implant to fuse with the jawbone, during which time the gum is secured over the implant.
- Upon returning to the dentist, the implant is uncovered and an extension called a post is attached. Once the gum tissue has healed around the post, the implant and post act as the foundation for the new tooth.
- Finally, the dentist makes a crown that best suits your natural teeth, considering factors including size, shape and colour. Once completed, the crown is attached to the implant post and you can enjoy your beautiful new smile!